Case study - STP
STP is a leading legal technology one-stop-shop software solution provider, empowering the digitisation of insolvency and legal practitioners. It provides a fully integrated platform comprising workflow automation, ERP software, data management software, specialist technical outsourcing, and legal data.
ESG Value Proposition
STP seeks to reduce carbon emissions from its operations and value chain to position itself as a low carbon service provider for its clients.
- Energy and carbon
- Employee engagement
- Product quality and safety
- ESG integration
ESG Key Performance Indicators
Climate Action: Scope 1 & 2
2021: 272.8 tCO2e | 2022: 313 tCO2e
Climate Action: Scope 3
2021: 1,494.3 tCO2e | 2022: 1,847.5 tCO2e
ISO 27001 Framework implemented
0 data security incidents (2021, 2022)
2021: 9/10 ESG governance policies in place (incl. development of ESG policy) | 2022: 10/10 ESG governance policies in place, 1st ESG policy written
STP achieved several ESG milestones over the past year, with a particular focus on climate action and cyber security – reflecting its ESG value proposition. 2022 highlights include:
- Submitted and received approval for science-based targets to reduce Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 42% by 2030. STP has already progressed towards this target by procuring 100% renewable electricity for its headquarters in Karlsruhe.
- The company also switched to cloud data providers committed to sourcing 100% renewable energy. Although emissions have gone up from 2021 to 2022 due to improved carbon reporting and business growth, STP has various initiatives in the pipeline to drive down emissions in coming years to meet its target.
- Implemented and received certification for the ISO 27001 framework, an international standard for information security management to safeguard against emerging cyber risks.
- STP already shows strong historical performance in this issue area with zero data security incidents in the past three years.
- Established an internal ‘Green Team’ to operationalise its ESG strategy and formalised a steering committee with C-level accountability for ongoing monitoring and progress reporting on ESG KPIs.
- Expand renewable electricity to all offices, electrify fleet and procure biogas to achieve SBT by 2030.
- Reduce value chain emissions via implementing new business travel policies to reduce carbon emissions from employee commuting, company fleet usage, and other business travel.
- Successfully hired a dedicated lead to develop DEI initiatives and improve female employee engagement and retention.
Case study – ATP
ATP Adhesive Systems is a leading provider of speciality adhesive tapes for a wide variety of industries, including automotive, construction, healthcare, graphics and electronics.
Case Study - ePassi
Founded in 2007, ePassi is a provider of employee benefit solutions, offering sports, culture, wellness, public transport and lunch benefits, primarily in Finland and Sweden.