Case study - Cafeyn
Cafeyn is a leading European digital media streaming platform founded in 2006, offering unlimited access to local and international press and magazines, content, articles, and children’s educational entertainment in a dynamic format.
ESG Value Proposition
Cafeyn seeks to embed ESG into its value proposition by promoting local and independent journalism to improve business integrity in the media industry and to contribute to protecting democracies.
- Energy and carbon
- Diverse and engaged workforce
- Social impact and stakeholder engagement
ESG Key Performance Indicators
Climate Action: Scope 1 & 2
2021: 37.0 tCO2e | 2022: 7.4 tCO2e
Climate Action: Scope 3¹
2021: 477.0 tCO2e | 2022: 1,341.0 tCO2e
Employee engagement survey respondents: 2021: 32% | 2022: 71%
67 eNPS (2022), in first year of implementation
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Female employees: 2021: 41.0 % | 2022: 43.6%
Cafeyn executed on several ESG commitments in 2022 while continuing to expand its global presence. Notably, Cafeyn took steps to green its operations and delivered on a strategic goal to improve gender diversity in leadership positions. 2022 highlights include:
- Took meaningful action to reduce operational emissions by procuring 100% renewable electricity for its Paris headquarters and Utrecht, Netherlands office.
- Cafeyn further expanded the scope and methodology of its Scope 3 calculation; while leading to a significant emissions increase, the company has flagged it as a priority area and it has already deployed low carbon cloud solution for data storage as one mitigation lever.
Social impact & stakeholder engagement
- Contributed to the fight against ‘fake news’ through the promotion and support of independent journalism for future generations. Cafeyn provides free press access for French middle school students in collaboration with the French government.
- It also established a partnership with the Guardian Foundation to help aspiring journalists from under-represented backgrounds break into journalism, with the support of a €100,000 grant from the Bregal Helps Initiative.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Advanced diversity in its leadership and workforce, maintained an established DEI policy and a formalised a recruitment strategy for diverse candidates.
- Progress towards carbon neutrality via data centre consumption reduction, travel policy optimisation, and expansion of renewable electricity in offices.
- Improve benefits and inclusion programmes, such as parental leave and free nursery places, to retain a diverse workforce.
Case study – ATP
ATP Adhesive Systems is a leading provider of speciality adhesive tapes for a wide variety of industries, including automotive, construction, healthcare, graphics and electronics.
Case Study - ePassi
Founded in 2007, ePassi is a provider of employee benefit solutions, offering sports, culture, wellness, public transport and lunch benefits, primarily in Finland and Sweden.